Friday, August 24, 2012

Meditation on Ramona

Ramona.  

At the edge of the forest
Among the green leaves and thick trees,
Near a gently flowing stream,
Sits Ramona.

You cannot see her;
She is barely visible, even to me.

Ramona lives forever in the summer air,
In the silent heat of summer,
Among the green leaves and thick trees,
Near a gently flowing stream.

"Who is she?" I wonder.
I always have;
But I do remember her,
And love her.

But her heart is a mystery,
An elusive nymph, flitting
Here and there,
Sad and lonely, floating, darting,
Among the leaves and summer breezes.

So she remains
A mystery and
Unapproachable, forever.

Ramona, your simple beauty haunts me,
Haunts my dreams,
Like a beautiful memory
Of love I once knew!

But she glides, in and out of reality,
Like a leaf in hot summer breezes.
She lives in the silent heat of summer, hidden,
Among the green leaves and thick trees,
Near a gently flowing stream.

Her song, simple and pure,
Rises above the chirping sparrows and robins,
It, too, is a beautiful  mystery.
Oh, how lovely it is.

See! There! She treads, soft and pure,
To the stream's edge,
Holding a basket of fruit.
In the hot summer air she remains still and chaste.

Can you hear her song?
It lingers,
Gently, as it soars through
Time and space, then disappears.

Ramona lives just beyond us,
We who have known her,
Who live only on the earth's plane.
Our world is not hers.

Let me come to you!
I cry, silently, to her.
I weep, knowing I cannot.

Our eyes meet, , , but only for an instant
She smiles her knowing smile,
And she is gone.

I linger, waiting, searching;
And I listen.

Can you hear her song?



No comments:

Post a Comment