Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Good-bye, Juliet.

Waitresses should be prohibited from speaking to the people they serve.  They should simply take the order and leave.  Then bring the food in silence.   Any questions or remarks about the food she may have must be written on paper and answered thus.  No verbal communication at all.  

The purpose of these rather draconian rules is is to protect innocent dupes, the romantics, and other fools who fall in "love" too easily and quickly because it is far too easy to fall in love with your waitress.  I know.   I do it all the time.   And it always ends the same way.    Painfully.  

So, when Juliet arrived at my favorite diner I should have known, I should have been prepared and protected myself.   Yes, I should have known better.   But didn't.   I was easy prey for her charm, her beauty and her feigned (I'm sure) interest in me.  They do work on tips.    So why not appear friendly, even overly?  We all know it makes for better tips.

But why do they have to be so beautiful?   Juliet could easily be a huge star.   She looks like something out of an Italian movie circa 1958.   Full thick lips, long black hair, full thick body, perfectly formed, full, thick breasts, full thick. . . you get the point.   And those eyes, oh my God.  And those legs.  . .  So beautiful.   How could one NOT fall in love?

So, I did.

Then, it came.   She wore her ring for the first time.  Like a knife in the back.  My foolish heart. 

Now, I must stop going to the diner for a while.   It's too painful.   When I was young I could bounce back more quickly, there were so many opportunities.   Now, there are few and far between.

Good-bye, Juliet!

No comments:

Post a Comment