Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The "Who am I?" Game

Who am I?

I am tall and I wear a stovepipe hat and beard.   I freed the slaves.

Who am I?

I discovered America for the West, and made the world round for it.

Who am I?

I sang and women wept, men thrilled, at the Metropolitan Opera.   I am still remembered though I died more than 90 years ago.

Who am I?

I penned great poems of mystery and stories of the macabre and grotesque.

Who am I?

I loved many women, especially in Venice, and wrote my memoirs, which are still read today.

Who am I?

I have done nothing that anyone will remember;  no one will recall me, my name.  My passing will go unnoticed, and  no one will mourn my loss or seek to know who I was.

* * *

ANSWERS:

Lincoln.   Columbus, Caruso, Poe, Casanova.

No comments:

Post a Comment