Thursday, February 28, 2013

When The Music Stops, I Cry

Dammit.   Every damn time.

When the music's playing, I'm fine.   Really.  I know you don't want, or have trouble believing that.   But it's true.   Okay, maybe not TOTALLY fine, but so much better.   I dance, dammit.   I dance when the music's playing.

When it stops, it's like death. 

If a tree falls in the forest. . .

Answer: no.

Sound is that which is perceived, it has no existence apart from the "hearer."   Vibrations.  Only vibrations exist.    They turn into "sound," when our brains, (or the brains of any living thing) interprets those vibrations, identifies them.    Then, sound exists.  

The universe is silent.  

Music, therefore, does not really exist at all.   As a life-long lover of music, particularly classical music you may find it difficult to believe that I can say this.   But it undeniable.   Music, cannot exists apart from the hearer because it is only "vibrations."   Okay?   I hope I don't have to repeat myself.   

So, what happens when the music stops?

Ah, that, as they say, is another story. . . 

1 comment:

  1. Music lives on inside you in your spirit when you shuffle off this mortal coil. It oozes out of your spirit pores. It flies off your spirit tongue into the heavenlies and dances into eternity, in harmony with the planets and stars. Every child knows this. Every child-like person knows this. And I know, deep down, you know this too.

    I know you do.

    ReplyDelete